Saturday, October 18, 2008

Walla Walla Sweet Onion Quiche

Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter
1 large walla walla sweet onion diced
½ cup sour cream
1 12oz. can evaporated milk
1 packet dry leek soup mix
3 eggs
1½ cup monterey jack cheese shredded
1 9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust

  • Preheat oven to 375o F.
  • Saute butter and onion, cooking until lightly caramelized. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream then slowly whisk in evaporated milk. Whisk in dry soup mix until completely incorporated then whisk in eggs. Mix in the shredded cheese until blended. Line a pie dish with the unbaked pie crust and pour mixture carefully into it. Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
Makes 8 servings

2 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Mmm...that sounds SO good! But, I really *LOVE* your grocery bag tute. It's AMAZING! I'll be linking to it as well, not to mention adding you so I don't miss a thing!

Rabbit9 said...

Rachel, thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It really is good and this is a great time for those yummy walla walla's I hope you like it if you get to try it and thanks also for your comments on my Plarn Grocery Bag. I'm going to check out your blog after this. Thanks for adding me. :-)