Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Healed Ears

My first idea for fixing up my headphones [see previous blog post] tanked big time. To be honest I wasn't to sure about that one anyway. So I moved right along to idea two. I sorted out what stitch to use and a basic pattern plan. Then it was just a matter of having time to work on it. I sat down a few times to get it done and it seemed to flow pretty well. After choosing my stitch I crocheted a width that would accommodate the size of the headphone speaker. Then I continued on rows until it fit around my head. I doubled that so I would have a layer for each side of the headphone, joining in back. I crocheted the long sides together, placing the headphones in the right spots and when that was complete I stitched carefully on each side of each headphone so that they wouldn't shift around inside. Now instead of having to go out to buy a new set I have a working headphone set and a stylin' headband at the same time.

On a side note I want to wish a happy Rosh Hashanah to those participating in that spiritual holiday.

headphones2hb

No comments: