Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hot/Cold Roll & Embroidery

I improvised this design of a hot/cold roll as a gift for a friend. It's crocheted in a simple shell stitch and filled with sterilized cherry stones. I used Bernat Satin in colorway jade and an H hook. As the name implies it can be put in the refrigerator to be used cold or heated in the microwave to be used hot. The embroidery I did by hand on a handkerchief to wrap the roll in and tied with a ribbon for gifting in place of wrapping paper. Eco friendly and beautiful if I do say so myself.

HotColdRoll1Embroidery1a

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is neat! Might you consider providing instructions on how you made this? it's a great gift idea.

Rabbit9 said...

Things are a bit hectic right now because I have to move soon plus the holidays but after the dust settles I'll try to put together a written pattern. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. :-)

Angela said...

I'd never heard of cherry-stone pillows. Man, all those pits I've been throwing in the woods every year! Well, next year I'll know better. I'm going to give this a try.

Rabbit9 said...

I was eating cherries all summer in preparation. I admit I was kind of sick of them by the end of it. ;-D I hope your project goes well for you Angela and thanks for taking the time to comment.