Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Charity Spotlight - Make A Cap

Another new feature here at TFB will be crocheting for charity. I want to spotlight some worthy causes especially now that we are coming closer to the season of giving. The only thing that makes the over commercialized holiday bearable for me is to remember the true meaning of the season. The birth of Jesus and the wise men coming with gifts, not a list of give me that needed to be checked twice. Of course you must all do what is right for yourselves but if you would like to make some gifts for charity I hope you will find at least one of the causes I will be posting over time a worthy one. That said I post my first crochet charity spotlight.

Save The Children is running a
Make A Cap campaign. Now though it is called Knit One Save One, they also accept crocheted caps. I will quote here from their own site and you can take a look for yourself if you wish to participate.

By keeping a baby warm, your cap can save a life. Just download our Action Kit and you’ll get a variety of easy patterns for knitters or crocheters, as well as instructions for writing a letter to the new President.


No comments: